Walk completed August 28, 2011

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 35 – Shifnal to Penkridge; 16 miles

A few words about Comments:

I do read all of the comments that many of you so nicely take the time to add. I don’t respond to any of the comments, though, merely due to time constraints. If you would like a personal response, please send me an email, and I’ll reply as soon as I can.

Today's walk:

Steve and Jenny
Today’s walk was, in a word, boring. Much of the walk was along very low traffic country lanes, but neither the scenery nor route finding was interesting. The bright spot this morning came when I met Steve and Jenny, who were working in their immaculately maintained yard near Tong Norton. No sooner had I said “Good morning” than Jenny commented on the size of my backpack and invited me for a cup of coffee. I had to decline Jenny’s offer because I had left Shifnal only 45 minutes earlier, having had enough coffee for the day. Steve and Jenny didn’t mind my interrupting their chores, but they hesitated at the suggestion of a photo because, in Jenny’s words, they looked so scruffy. No scruffier than Sir Lost-a-lot typically looks, though.

Church at Lapley
A light sprinkle started about 12:30 – enough to cause me to put the rain cover on my pack, but not enough for me to wear a rain jacket. There was enough rain, though, to wet the knee-high grass through which I had to walk once off the roads. So, by the time I reached Penkridge at 3:45, my boots and socks were soaked. Right now, they are drying nicely while I’m sitting in the pub.

I’ll be having dinner tonight with Bob and Pam, the avid hikers I met on Offa’s Dyke, Day 31.


© 2011 Ken Klug

No comments:

Post a Comment